Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Coffee Time Minutes - 8th May 2013
Who we are?
Small and Home Business owners meeting to build relationships from other SBO’s.
What is CT?
Relatively casual meeting group, where you can network, talk about business ideas and strategies, and learn from one another.
Tuggerah’s Zenith Centre.
At 10.30 am on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays of the month. Arrival 10.25 am for 10.30 am start. (Runs for about 1 hour)
Kellie, Kate, Sharyn, Simon, Bev
Update on our Raffle?
Today we raised $21.80 for the Iris Foundation in 2013. Over the past 4 years we have raised $2000 for the prevention of suicide.
This year we will continue with our Raffles and donation to Iris Foundation. This year we will do a raffle again for the Iris Foundation. We will be looking for prizes/donations up to the value of $10. Its will be up to you if you would like to participate and none should feel obliged. Tickets will be $2 each, or three for $5.
Coffee Time Networking:
• Coffee Time – 12th June
• Coffee Time – 10th July
• Coffee Time – 14th August
• Coffee Time – 9th October
• Coffee Time – 13th November
• Coffee Time – 11th December
Coffee Time Christmas Luncheon - 12th at Wyong Race Day
• BWC (Business Women’s Connect) Ladies Luncheons on once a month. For more information contact Kym Williams
• SWN (Success Women’s Network) Ladies luncheons are on once a month at The Edge Café, Zenith. For more information contact Corrine
• B2B Networking - contact Suzy or Lyn for more information.
• SBNG – meetings on Fridays around the coast.
- Meet at Umina 1st Friday of the month
- Meet at East Gosford 2nd Friday of the month
- Meet at Tuggerah 3rd Friday of the month.
- Meet at Erina 4th Friday of the Month.
• For more information check out the website.
What’s coming up?
• Wednesday the 22rd May – Gurney Financial Services is holding a Biggest Morning Tea for Cancer Foundation. Gold coin donation. Raffles and YIAH will be here. Feel free to donate to a good cause.
• Buy Local Festival – 24th and 25th May at Erina’s Impact centre. To book in contact Lyn or Suzy
• Buy Local Cup – Thursday the 12th December. Coffee Time has booked a table. To register on our table for the Christmas party, please contact Tarnia. Payment due in October.
Buy Local Festival 2013
• Buy local festival will be on the 24th and 25th of May at Erina’s Impact Centre
• Free to attend.
• To have a stall contact Suzy or Lyn on 4592 8550 – a few stalls left
• $195 + GST will cover you for the conference, all courses, networking event, dinner and drinks, and key note speaker.
• The BEC runs courses and mentoring for home and small businesses. For assistance contact Darren, Debbie or Lynne
• Courses coming up are:
• Social Media Domination for small business – advanced – 15th May
• Grants Writing, Fundraising and Volunteer Management – 22nd May
• Business Planning for Growth – Part A – 29th May
• Business Planning for Growth – Part B – 5th June
• Get your business noticed online – 12th June
• Modern selling Techniques – Part A – 19th June
• Modern Selling Techniques – Part b – 26th June
• Marketing Roadmap to Success – 17th July
• BEC also has a membership aswell
Gurney Financial Services www.gurneyfinancialservices.com.au
Iris Foundation www.irisfoundation.org.au
Promo Creative email@example.com
Macauley by design www.maculeybydesign.com.au
Wyong Shire Real Estate www.wyongshirerealestate.info
LJ Hooker Finance Info@HomeLoansandFinance.com.au
CFS Group www.cfsgroup.com.au
LBH Promotions & B2B www.b2bwithatwist.com.au
Pardyline Networks www.pardyline.com.au
Tarnia – shed 20 kilos
Tarnia – successfully completed her ADFS 3, fully qualified adviser.
Rachel – Completed RSA & RCG certificates this week
Grant – put on more staff
Rowena – competed in an adventure camp
Today’s Discussion – Grant Pavett – Accounting and tax Time
• Quote – Failing to plan, is planning to fail.
• Tax planning – meet with your accountant prior to June 30th
• Discuss changes in your business or income
• Discuss figures – estimate income, expenses, profit and loss, tax
• Discuss management of tax and prepayments, super and PAYG
• Identify opportunities
• Look at the bigger picture – needs, wants and plan for future years
• Look at super funds
• Look at what you can contribute
• Look at entities – partnerships, sole traders, companies
• Look into whether you can split income
• What expenses you can claim
• Tax breaks
• Small business deductions
• Tax offsets
• Look at what changes in the law may affect you
• Any bought or sold investments – any CGT
• Car deductions – new car, kilometers, petrol etc.
• Look at the flood and fire levies and how they affect you
• Look at Medicare levy and health benefits
• When to contribute to super and how much
• Make sure your complaint with the laws
• What you have to know as an employer, employees, sub-contractor, sole trader, company, partnership – different rules and laws.
• What records to keep
• Payments for staff
• Payments for tax
• Look at your log books
• Look at deductible expenses
• Company owned expenses
• Personal expenses
Thanks everyone for your participation, hope everyone got something out of it.
Planningwerx4u has Business Planning Cds for $50 each, if you would like one please let Tarnia know.
Today we raised $21.80 for Iris Foundation.
Thanks and see you next time
NEXT MEETING: 12th June - Arrive 10.25am for 10.30 start – sharp
The Edge Café, Zenith Centre, Tuggerah