Friday, February 15, 2013
Coffee Time Minutes 13.2.13
Who we are?
Small and Home Business owners meeting to build relationships from other SBO’s.
What is CT?
Relatively casual meeting group, where you can network, talk about business ideas and strategies, and learn from one another.
Tuggerah’s Zenith Centre.
At 10.30 am on the 2nd & 4th Wednesdays of the month. Arrival 10.25 am for 10.30 am start. (Runs for about 1 hour)
Update on our Raffle?
Today we raised $27, bringing the total this year raised $27 (including this week’s total) for this year for the Iris Foundation in 2013. Over the past 4 years we have raised $2000 for the prevention of suicide.
This year we will continue with our Raffles and donation to Iris Foundation. This year we will do a raffle again for the Iris Foundation. We will be looking for prizes/donations up to the value of $10. Its will be up to you if you would like to participate and none should feel obliged. Tickets will be $2 each, or three for $5.
Coffee Time Networking:
• Coffee Time – 13th March
• Coffee Time – 10th April
• Coffee Time – 8th May – Grant Pavett speaking
• Coffee Time – 12th June
• Coffee Time – 10th July
• Coffee Time – 14th August
• Coffee Time – 9th October
• Coffee Time – 13th November
• Coffee Time – 11th December + Christmas Luncheon
• Wyong Chamber of Commerce has its chamber dinner on the 26th Feburay. For information please contact Karen at the Chamber
• BWC (Business Women’s Connect) Ladies Luncheons on once a month. For more information contact Kym Williams
• SWN (Success Women’s Network) Ladies luncheons are on once a month at The Edge Café, Zenith. For more information contact Corrine
• B2B Networking - contact Suzy or Lyn for more information.
• SBNG – meetings on Fridays around the coast. Meet at Tuggerah on the 3rd Friday of the month. For more information check out the website.
What’s coming up
• Buy Local Festival – 24th and 25th May at Erina’s Impact centre. To book in contact Lyn or Suzy
• Slither and Slumber – on at Amazement on the 15th March.
• The BEC runs courses and mentoring for home and small businesses. For assistance contact Darren, Debbie or Lynne
• Courses coming up are:
• Writing your winning business proposal – 20th Feb
• 50 shades of cash flow – budgeting for success – 13th March
• Setting up a successful online store – 20th March
• Pricing your product – 3rd April
• Brilliant results – Improve your content for websites and marketing material – 10th April
• Social Media Domination for small business – the basics – 1st May
• Social Media Domination for small business – advanced – 15th May
• Grants Writing, Fundraising and Volunteer Management – 22nd May
• Business Planning for Growth – Part A – 29th May
• Business Planning for Growth – Part B – 5th June
• Get your business noticed online – 12th June
• Modern selling Techniques – Part A – 19th June
• Modern Selling Techniques – Part b – 26th June
• Marketing Roadmap to Success – 17th July
• BEC also has a membership aswell
Gurney Financial Services www.gurneyfinancialservices.com.au
Bev and Dawn
Iris Foundation www.irisfoundation.org.au
Exploring Names firstname.lastname@example.org
Promo Creative email@example.com
BVO Hunter/Central Coast
Macauley by design www.maculeybydesign.com.au
Gem Candles www.gemcandles.com.au
Intimate Whispers www.intimatewhispers.com.au
Unique Cleaning Group www.uniquesecurity.com.au
Unique Security www.uniquesecurity.com.au
BEC – Central Coast Business Enterprise Centre www.centralcoastsmallbiz.com.au
Essential Wellbeing http://essentialwellbeingforbusiness.com
Artistique Photography www.artistiquephotographybynicolette.com.au
Wyong Neighbourhood Centre www.wyongneighbourhoodcentre.org.au
Insight Health www.insighthealthaustralia.com.au
CFS Group www.cfsfinancialgroup.amp.com.au
In2meC Coaching - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Green Index - Email email@example.com
Leanna – New business
Leanna – wrote a chapter in a book just released.
Wyong Neighbourhood Centre – Jodie Morgan received the community service award for 2013
Mark – Unique Security moved into their own premises
Mark – New product called UCommand – login from iPhone or iPad and check security at home
Grant – his other business the Travel Wholesale put out its first brochure. All out of Avoca Office.
Marama – is healthier after operation.
Open discussion on Challenges in our businesses.
• Business Proposal’s
• Ask for business
• Make sure you have a structure – use a template.
• Understand what needs to be put in your proposal
• Personalise to each business
• Speak to the BEC they can assist
• How do you present it to a business – email, letter, in person
• Maybe look at printing out and binding it – more professional
• Check spelling and grammar – Australian not USA
• Not everyone like emails, some people need to hold it in their hands, so they can read and write down notes
• Older generation likes paper based
• Research – learn about the business you are going to present a proposal to
• Know who you are sending it too – address to them personally
• No jargon
• Have it proof read.
• Getting Motivated
• Get going
• Plan you day, week, month, year
• Being passionate about what you do
• Get up early, don’t sleep all day
• Set boundaries
• Have a dedicated office, or space at home to work from
• Have a routine
• Set goals and reward yourself when succeeded
• Be honest with yourself
• Do a list of what you need to do each day
• Do the hardest or things you don’t like to do first on your list
Challenges that people are having in their businesses:
• Getting Customers
• Presenting business proposals
• Raising funds
• Cash flow
• New Business
• Time management
• Promotion of self and business
• Starting up
• Software problems
• Networking – no confidence
• Business management
At our meetings we will discuss these challenges. If anyone would like to share their experiences or expertise on these topics feel free.
Thanks everyone for your participation, hope everyone got something out of it.
Planningwerx4u has Business Planning Cds for $50 each, if you would like one please let Tarnia know.
Today we raised $27 for Iris Foundation.
Thanks and see you next time
NEXT MEETING: 13th March - Arrive 10.25am for 10.30 start – sharp
The Edge Café, Zenith Centre, Tuggerah